Text value module - maintain syntax

on the text value module you can set the syntax to xml, java, etc. once you close it and come back it always reverts back to xml. can it maintain the syntax that you set it as so when you come back to it, you dont have to change the syntax drop down every time?

I ask because i like to use that to store code when i am using the server side script nested in a loop module or conditional execution module and wire the text value into the script value. I will go into it to change code and have to change it to java every time i go back into it.

Maybe there is a better way to do it, if so, great. If not, then maintaining the syntax would be great.

thanks

Sure, will see about it possibly retaining the last selected syntax for the next system release.

Might be able to patch your system with the change early, but too early to know for sure.

Will let you know!

Hi Brent,

Have patched your system so that the Text Value module will default the editor syntax to “JSP” if the entered value starts with “<jsp”. It also only defaults the syntax to “XML” if the value starts with “<”. Otherwise, the default syntax is “Text”.

See if the new behavior works as desired or not. Clear your browser cache and reload the assembly editor to get the patch.

Robert

Hi Robert,

One follow up to this is I notice the JSON builder defaults to xml. Just wanted to mention it if it is easy to make it default to JSON. not a big deal, just something i noticed now.

thanks

Hi Brent,

Your system has been patched so the JSON entry fields in the JSON Builder and JSON Array Builder modules now default the code editor to the JSON syntax.

Thanks for pointing that out,

Robert