Saving service credentials

When setting up a new connection, it will prompt first with the name to save the credential under.

If i wanted to create a new connection outside of that process, say through another automation, how would i name it like that? I assume its just a specific value under the service credentials - save

The Service Credentials - Save module expects to be provided the connection name via the automation editor. So you can’t use that module outside of the app connection assembly to create connections other than the Default connection for the account running the assembly.

To be able to save a named connection outside of the automation editor would require using the Keyvalue Storage INSERT module like this:

Configure it to store in the Person scope. An empty scope UUID means to use the person UUID of the account running the assembly. If the current person account is not running the assembly/automation, then you will need to provide the person account UUID for the Scope UUID. The person account UUID can be obtained with the “get account by email” action in the System app.

For the keygroup, replace XXX shown in the screenshot with the UUID of the app. To get the UUID, right click on the app connection assembly in the assembly editor catalog and choose this option:

So the final value would look like: CREDS_9a635bb9d6bc44d689a26e836904c599

For CONNECTION_NAME, the first connection must always be named “Default”. Subsequent connections can have any name.

The VALUE_NAME will be the name of the value to store, e.g. “api_key”.

The VALUE will be encrypted. The “encrypt values” checkbox must be checked.

We actually haven’t had anyone try to create a connection in an automated fashion outside of the automation editor, but this should work. Let us know if you hit any trouble!

im trying to future plan for an avalara automation package we are working on and had ideas for things i wanted to try. my thought is if i can set it up so they install a package inside intacct, they setup their credentials (it validates them then saves them), then on every automation call it passes the credentials through to be used.

just trying each step first to prove the concept